When you're thinking of hiring a specific baker to create your wedding cake, have a list of questions handy so you aren't wowed by the flavors and pretty icings during your cake tasting. We've put together a short list of queries below, but it is by no means comprehensive. You can find more at SWP's guide to questions to ask your wedding baker.
- Do you use all fresh ingredients? Can you accommodate special dietary needs like gluten allergies or veganism?
- What flavors of cake, icings, and fillings do you offer?
- When can we come in for a tasting? Is there a fee for this?
- Can we see photographs of wedding cakes you have created in the past?
- Are there extra charges for decorative items like pillars or structural items like tier supports?
- If we are renting those things, when do they need to be returned?
- What are your delivery and set-up fees, if any? Is this included in the price of the cake?
- Who will be setting up the cake and at what time?
- Can you decorate the cake for us with fresh flowers or some other non-edible embellishments if we provide them?
- What is the price per serving? Does this depend on the number of tiers or the intricacy of design?
- Will you draw up a contract?
- When is the first deposit due and when must we pay the balance?
Click to read more about wedding cake and choosing wedding vendors