Sunday 21 December 2008

Mother Son Dance Songs

Everyone is familiar with the tradition of the father daughter dance that takes place at most wedding receptions. In recent years, the mother-of-the-groom has decided she wanted to get in on the act, and the mother son dance was born. While not yet as popular as the father daughter dance, the number of songs for mothers and sons to choose from is definitely growing.

If the groom has more than one mom in his life -- common, these days -- he can begin dancing with one, and the other can cut in part way through the dance. If the groom doesn't have a mom, an aunt, grandma, or sister can stand in if she's had a hand in raising him. Some couples combine the mother son and father daughter dances to save time during the wedding reception, since wedding guests are usually eager to get to the wedding cake!

Below you'll find a list of the most popular mother son dance songs.

I'm With You -- Joan Baez

In My Life -- The Beatles

In This Life -- Collin Raye

Mama -- B.J. Thomas

Memories -- Elvis Presley

Memory -- Barbara Streisand

My Son -- Brendan Shine

A Song For Mama --Boyz II Men

As Time Goes By -- Ray Anthony Orchestra

Because You Loved Me -- Celine Dion

Blessed -- Elton John

Boy of Mine --Good Time Singers

Butterfly Kisses --Bob Carlisle

Close To You -- The Carpenters

Do You Remember -- Phil Collins

Don't Know Much -- L. Ronstadt & A. Neville

Ebb Tide -- Righteous Brothers

Edelweiss -- The Sound Of Music

For the Good Times -- Ray Price

Forever Young -- Rod Stewart

Glory of Love -- Peter Cetera

Greatest Love of All -- Whitney Houston

God Bless The Child -- Tony Bennett

Have I Told You Lately That I Love You -- Rod Stewart

Hero -- Mariah Carey

I Am Your Child -- Barry Manilow

I.O.U. (I Owe You Mother) -- Jimmy Dean

I Remember You -- Bette Midler

I Will Remain Your Little Boy -- Chris Taylor

I Wish You Love -- Natalie Cole

I'll Have To Say I Love You In a Song -- Jim Croce

I'm With You -- Joan Baez

Click to read more about wedding traditions and wedding receptions

No comments:

Post a Comment