Friday 10 October 2008

Wedding Shoes

Even if you've been picturing your wedding gown in your mind for years and years, there's a good chance you've never given any thought to your wedding shoes. A quick scan of the footwear that comes up when I search for bridal footwear shows me plenty of pumps and some shoes that border on stilettos! It would appear that comfort is generally less important that elegance when it comes to bridal footwear, but it doesn't have to be that way!

Personally, I wore flats that I knew would be comfortable, but I had a pair of wedding flip flops at the ready in case my flats started to hurt my feet. Even if you don't feel comfortable wearing flip flops in your house of worship or during your ceremony, you can still change into a pair once you get to your reception. Heck, if you're planning to wear a gown with a hemline that just sweeps the floor, no one will ever even know you've changed your shoes.

Need even more reasons to have a pair of back-up flip flops?

  • A blister can't ruin your first dance
  • You'll enjoy your reception more if you're comfortable
  • Bridal flip flops can be just as beautiful as the finest wedding heels
  • Everyone who notices your shoes will admire your cleverness
  • You'll be the envy of all the women who wore pumps that pinch
  • Your guests can admire your beautiful pedicure
  • Foot odor? Not a problem!
  • You'll be all set for your post-wedding afterparty
  • You can keep wearing them forever!

My favorite bridal flip flops come from -- in case you haven't guessed from previous posts -- Tracey Asai. I definitely recommend that you check out her selection, which includes flip flops for bridesmaids and for black tie occasions. Even if you've already picked out your wedding shoes, I'd definitely recommend that you choose a back-up pair of flip-flops to wear under your gown.

Click to shop for cute bridal flip flops or to learn more about wedding shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment