What are the groom's solo responsibilities?
- Plan the honeymoon...if the bride would like you to. Some brides would prefer to be involved in planning the honeymoon, and we recommend that their grooms let them!
- Buy a gift for your bride if you're exchanging gifts.
- Arrange transportation for the wedding party on the big day. Be sure to ask your bride how many people will need to be included.
- Write your toast or speech for the wedding reception if you fancy the idea of talking in front of a crowd. If not, let other people do the toasting.
- Choose your best man, groomsmen, and ushers.
- Decide whether you want to station yourself at the altar before the ceremony or if you'd like to be escorted down the aisle with your parents.
- Review the best man's responsibilities with him.
- Tell your best man what kind of a bachelor party you want so he can plan it accordingly.
- Select groomsmen gifts.
- Arrange for your best man to pay the celebrant and musicians and tip those who will receive gratuitites.
- Ask one of your groomsmen to take care of the wedding gifts and cards at the reception, load them into his car, and drop them at your home later.
- Select the men's formal wear. Be sure to consult with the bride because she may want to coordinate the menswear and the ladieswear.
- Arrange a time for fittings for you and your groomsmen.
- Choose boutonnières that coordinate with the ladies' bouquets.
Click to learn more wedding planning tips for grooms