- If you're going to be trying on wedding dresses, wear undergarments that are close to those you imagine you'll be wearing on your wedding day.
- Let bridal salon employees make suggestions -- they deal with brides of all shapes and sizes, and they usually have a good idea of what will look good on you.
- That said, don't let any salespeople (or loved ones) bully you into choosing a wedding gown you don't like. It's your dress, and you're the one who has to wear it!
- Explore colors other than white. There are lots of shades of this traditional matrimonial color, but colored wedding gowns are also popular right now.
- Read those bridal magazines. Even if you're just checking them out at the library, scanning the ads will give you an idea of what wedding gowns are in stores right now.
- Finally, if you don't buy your accessories at the bridal shop, take home a fabric swatch to match your accessories.
Click to shop for the perfect wedding gown